Product information "Cockpit WEP Jacket US Navy"
- Made in USA
- Warm and light Thinsulate padding
- Two large patch pockets with pencil slot
- Inside and sleeve pockets
- Close fitting stand collar
- Comfortable cut, very flexible due to bi-swing back
- Surprisingly warm for its weight
- Manufactured according to military specifications
- Heavy duty main zipper
This “exposure suit” was worn over the standard flight coverall and worked similar to a modern day neoprene suit. It was intended to protect the aircrew in cold water after the use of the ejection seat or a ditching.
The WEP jacket served as an inter-liner and provided additional insulation in cold and harsh environments. The jacket features a Thinsulate lining for a certain degree of warmth. Two good looking and practical pleated breast pockets give you enough storage room for various bits and pieces like cell phones, mp3 players or keys. The left hand pocket features an additional pencil slot. The jacket is fitted with a heavy gauge military grade zipper which is backed by a convenient storm flap to seal out draughts.
Related links to "Cockpit WEP Jacket US Navy"