- Exclusive horsehide sunglasses case, entirely handmade by Scott Willis.
- Classic “Art Deco” inspired design.
- Outer shell is made from rigid Horween horse croup which has a very dense fibre structure for superior longevity.
- Chrome tanned and vegetable re-tanned. Hand dyed in dark chestnut.
- Lining made from chrome tanned, soft and pliable hair sheep glove leather.
- Case closes via NOS wartime snap or CNC machined solid brass Sam Browne stud.
- Snaps were originally used for fastening tarp hoops of Army offroad vehicles. Snaps are made from oxidized brass and work perfectly.
- Case is specifically designed for Randolph and AO frames with 52mm and 55mm frame size. Small to medium sized aviator’s sunglasses from other manufacturers (RayBan “Caravan” etc.) may fit but a perfect fit cannot be guaranteed.
The definite glasses case – handcrafted from horsehide by Scott Willis
Randolph’s “Aviator” or American Optical’s “Original Pilot“ are widely considered as ‘style icons’ among sunglasses. All Air Force and Navy pilots and all Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo astronauts wore them, and it even travelled to the moon as a certified piece of NASA equipment. This design also found its way onto the silver screen, and it is often worn by well-known actors on and off camera – a veritable and timeless classic. It is very well made, durable, and above all very stylish!
It appears quite comprehensible why we have decided to create a special dedicated case that mirrors the style, quality and uniqueness of the “OP”. Some ill-fitting off-the-rack pouch simply would not be good enough. That is why we went ‘custom-made’ and designed an entirely handcrafted and well-designed case with a classic appearance!
Once again we have teamed up with Scott Willis who turned our design into a truly outstanding product, using only the best materials available. He uses tough vegetable tanned horsehide that will develop a beautiful patina over the years and a soft and pliable lining made from hair sheep leather to protect the lenses.
The case was designed around the frame of the “Aviator” and “Original Pilot” and closely follows its shape. Therefore it is very slim and lightweight and feels comfortable in your pocket without adding any bulk or weight.